Rubber Tubing and Cord
Standard EPDM Rubber Washers
High Speed On-Demand Cutting
Custom Rubber Lathe Cutting
Die Cutting and Water Jet Cutting
High Speed Guillotine Cutting
Custom Rubber Extrusion
We accept credit cards
By Item #
Thomas A. Caserta, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of straight rubber bushings for many industries and applications since 1948. A rubber bushing is used to provide an interface between two parts and dampen energy or vibration through the bushing. Rubber bushings are used as vibration isolators, abrasion resistors, shock absorbers, and as seals for wires, pipes and rods.
There are many performance specifications that are important for rubber bushings. Many different rubber materials can be used in the production of rubber bushings to achieve the desired performance. Some of the common materials used are EPDM, Neoprene, Nitrile, SBR, Silicone, and Viton. Different materials are better suited to different applications depending on factors such as temperature resistance, fluid resistance, chemical resistance, ozone resistance, and abrasion resistance. Thus, it is important to choose the correct material for rubber bushings to suit your application. Our engineers are always available for any technical assistance you may require.
Thomas A. Caserta, Inc. manufactures straight rubber bushings to any size and material specification. We employ several different methods to consistently produce the highest quality rubber bushings. Our methods include lathe cut rubber bushings, on-demand cut rubber bushings, water jet cut rubber bushings, and hand cut rubber bushings.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
These are the most common material but we are not limited to them:
Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- Excellent weatherability, good high and low temperature resistance, low gas permeability. Resistant to ozone, steam, water, alcohols, brake fluids. Poor resistance to petroleum oils, diester lubricants. Temperature range: -60°F to 280°F.
- Good general purpose elastomer, with moderate oil, ozone and water resistance. Resistant to freons, high aniline points oils, mild acids. Not recommended for phosphate esters, ketones, brake fluids. Temperature range: -65°F to 260°F.
- Excellent resistance to petroleum products, excellent compression set; resistant to oil, water, silicone greases and oils. Not recommended for halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones, ozone and sunlight. Temperature Range: -65°F to 275°F.
Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- General purpose elastomer, good adhesion to various substrates, good abrasion resistance, good resiliince. Resistant to brake fluids, alcohols, water. Not recommended for solvents, oil/gas, sunlight. Temperature range: -65°F to 225°F.
- Best overall temperature range of elastomers currently available. Excellent resistance to dry heat, as well as, resistance to low temperature, brake fluids, high aniline point oils. Not recommended for some dynamic applications due to poor tensile strength and tear. Poor in petroleum oils and ketones. Temperature range: -150° to 500°F.
- Outstanding resistance to the effects of heat, chemicals, and solvents. Viton® has good tensile, resistance and low compression set. Limitations include poor low-temperature properties, limited hot-water resistance and shrinkage. Temperature range: -50° to 600°F.
Water jet cutters
At Thomas A. Caserta, Inc. our quality objective is to provide our customers with quality service that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations. Our highly trained and experienced production operators and strict quality control procedures enable us to consistently deliver defect-free products.
Email This Page
Save To Favorites
Thomas A. Caserta, Inc.
11 South Gold Drive, Suite E
Robbinsville, New Jersey 08691
Copyright © 2016 Thomas A. Caserta, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Link to our Website